Burglar alarms can be very effective in preventing theft. However, the research company YouGov carried out a survey this month which revealed that only 32% of the British adults asked, had a burglar alarm in their home. Worse still, only 49% of those that had a burglar alarm, regularly set the alarm when they left their properties unattended. This suggests a large number of British households are leaving themselves open to intruders.
Why is setting a burglar alarm so important?
- It can protect your valuables
- It can act as a deterrent to burglars
- It can catch burglars and help with conviction, particularly when using CCTV
- It can give you peace of mind when you are away
- A working alarm system can lower your household insurance by up to 20%
- Failure to set your alarm can potentially leave you without insurance cover
What are the reasons for not setting burglar alarms?
- Having no alarm in the first place
- Forgetting to switch the alarm on when leaving the house
- Worrying that the alarm will go off when there are no intruders, thus upsetting the neighbours
- Finding the setting of the alarm too complicated
- Not having regular alarm servicing, resulting in faulty alarm systems
- Pets in the home
How can Ultra-Vision help?
Ultra-Vision.co.uk can provide solutions to all these scenarios.
We fit all types of burglar alarms and can offer you expert advice to find the alarm that suits the needs and budget of your home or business perfectly. Click here for further information ultra-vision.co.uk/intruder-alarms/ or call Rob on 01452 379281 who will be happy to answer your questions.
If you are someone who is likely to forget to activate your alarm, why not opt for a state of the art smartphone operated burglar alarm? These alarm systems allow you to set and unset your alarm remotely with a few swipes of your smartphone screen. You can even view live images of your property from your smartphone, if you choose to have CCTV cameras attached to your alarm system. ultra-vision.co.uk/cctv-systems/
At Ultra-Vision.co.uk we service your alarm system regularly. This means any faults are found quickly and efficiently and we ensure you are confident in knowing how to set and unset your alarm with ease. Regular checks to your alarm system also means it is very unlikely to go off unexpectedly, unless of course there is an intruder about.
Ultra-Vision.co.uk can fit pet sensors to your alarm system, meaning your pets can roam freely in the property without setting off alarms, which will be activated only by burglars in the property.