Fire Tragedy when Smoke Detectors Fail
A teenage girl devastatingly lost both her parents in a house fire in Magull, Merseyside earlier this year. Firefighters were called to the property and found the first floor ablaze and the couple unconscious and not breathing. Kelly and Joe Morgan, 40 and 41 were taken to hospital, but were sadly pronounced dead shortly after. Their daughter was out for the evening. She survived the fire, but now suffers the heart breaking loss of not one, but two of her parents.
The real tragedy of this event is that it could have been easily prevented. The Morgan’s had two smoke detectors in their home, but they were ineffective. One with one battery fitted incorrectly and the other battery dead.
Have you checked your smoke detectors lately?
While most of us are well aware of the need to have smoke detectors fitted in our homes, how many of us are confident that our existing smoke detectors are effective to save our families, or know how to check?
Premier Smoke Detection Systems
ultra-vision.co.uk Fire and Security can incorporate world-class, commercial British Standard smoke detectors into your home security system. This system goes above and beyond what a standard smoke detector can do. It uses wireless signalling to link up each smoke detector with your alarm system. This means that every alarm in your property will sound wherever the smoke is detected. Having standard smoke detectors alone may mean you are unable to hear an alarm if you are further away from the source, or asleep or out. This system also allows you the chance to put out a fire before it takes hold, minimising heart breaking damage to your property or worse still your loved ones. In addition, you can opt to have the system linked to key holders. This will alert designated people of a fire detected in the property in the same way as the home security detectors alert the key holders and police of an intruder in your home. This could save your property if you are away and more importantly save lives if you or your family are asleep or unconscious as a result of smoke inhalation. This premier system is supplied by Texacom in partnership with Apollo.
Do you have a smoke detector?
At ultra-vision.co.uk, we understand that not everyone can afford a premier fire detector system in their homes. As a minimum, we urge you of the huge importance to have basic smoke detectors fitted in your homes. They literally save lives. We can do this for you for as little as £15.00 and we will show you free of charge how to carry out weekly checks on your detectors to ensure they will be effective. Our detectors also notify you when a battery is becoming low, a long time before it needs changing.
If you prefer the peace of mind of knowing your property has been fully checked by professionals, ultra-vision.co.uk also provide routine maintenance checks for your fire and security systems. Give Rob a call on 01452 379281 if you would like to know more. What could be more important than the safety of your loved ones?
The Ultra-Vision team.